June 11, 2007

Come to my house in about 7 years for some mangos...

I bought a box of about 10 mangos at the store a few weeks ago. Whenever I eat fruit I really like I always wonder why people don't plant the seeds and grow a tree. I guess I will learn the answer to that during this process. I've decided to try to sprout all the seeds from the mangos I bought. I did some research online and some of it was good and some was not so good. I found one site that went into great detail... something about only getting good fruit if you graft from the mother tree. All I could think about was Jacob 5. I think he just wants a monopoly on the mango market, we'll see... with any luck. So here they are...



I'm sprouting the two in baggies to see if they're any good, one is looking promising. The one in the dirt already has a really good root growing. If you've ever done anything like this, HELP! I've only grown one thing from a seed and that was a sunflower. Once it was big enough I planted it right in the middle of my parents front yard, facing the house. I'm sure my mom really appreciated that. I eventually started forgetting to water it and it quickly died (I bet mom was glad). On it's way to death I thought at least I should eat the seeds. I soon learned they didn't taste like the kind you get in the bag at the store.

4 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

That's awesome! Maybe I should do something like that! You can learn me in the ways when you get here next week. :) My visiting teacher always throws her watermelon seeds out into her yard and some of them grow... she is kind of crazy like that.

Deena said...

Wormer, you're cute.
Kassie, duh. Think about where you live.

Methodical Wormer said...

Does that mean I'm going to be the crazy VT lady?

Deena said...

Did I tell you about the time Kenneth found a watermelon outside the store in the parking lot, and he asked Joyce and Eartha if they were starting a business on the side?

Did you follow my illogical thinking to that story?