I had his name picked out about 4 months before he was born. As soon as I picked the name it stuck and I knew that was going to be his name. If felt right.
I picked a name for this baby about 3 months ago not because it spoke to me like BL's did but because it was the only one I found that wasn't eliminated from our "list". I've just kind of stuck with it until now. Now I'm having major second thoughts and most of the time I'm thinking the name is just not right at all.
How did you pick your kid's names? Did they always seem like they fit or did you just have make a pick and stick it?
I'm back to searching thousands of names online. If any of you have some good advice I would really like it right now. It's making my prego brain a little loco at the moment.
11 comments:
Picking a name is so hard. I have a different story for each kid. All my boys' middle names are after someone, so that was easy. Evan was the hardest. Ian was home googling the meaning of our top 3 choices while the birth certificate lady was pounding on my door. So basically I've got no advice.
We had a hard time with the boys. We pick a first name that we like (and that doesn't rhyme with our last name) and then we pick a family name for a middle name.
Grant richard, Nora michelle, alexander lee....Picking the first name is the toughest part. Good luck
We finally decided to get serious about naming Glitter when I was in late stages of labor. You've still got some time... :)
Maybe you should ask BL what his name should be.
Firstborn: All the boys I had met with that name (about four)were very nice, fun, easy going and trustworthy. It's a name that says "super nice guy" to me.
Fashionista: I named her after my two best friends (a guy and a girl), first and middle names.
BTW, my kids were born in Mehicoh, so their names are pretty Mexi ;)
:D @ Sheri.
I'm a big fan of the Baby Name Wizard book, but they also have a website. Interesting to read.
Ellerie Brooke was simply one of the only names we actually agreed on....lol. I had dozens of names shot down...with Bennett James, it was the "if it's a boy" for the first go around, so we're lucky this one isn't a girl...we were already starting to bicker about a second girls' name....lol.
The only advice I can give in that area is that if you don't feel right about it then don't do it. Even if you end up like Glitter, although let's hope you don't name him that or Gangsta Q or Daffodil.
You could always go with Bufort hehehehe.
OK I'll stop messing.
Love you
Mark and I still think the name Brock doesn't match our baby! We had to decide in the hospital, Mark was gone doing something, so I just signed the paper saying his name was Brock! Hopefully the name starts to fit or else we might have to change it:)
i'm with your sis. if it doesn't feel right, move on. that means something.
i have an enormous list of names that i am still deciding on. they are all geneology names, which i find easier for girls than boys. we went through our geneology when i was prego with max and all i could find was about three dozen james's and boring names.
but with max, i had a few names that i liked, but waited till he was born to look at him and then make a decision. with ava, she was ava from the second i found out i was pregnant. sometimes i wonder if i chose the right name for her, like "is she really an ava?" but i can't imagine her being named anything else.
i'm not sure i'm helping. here is something helpful..though i'm not going to make it a fancy linky...
http://nameberry.com/list/264/Hipster-Names
i thought that website was helpful and i liked a lot of the names on that hipster list. so maybe that will be a change from some of the names you've been looking at. good luck!!
You are so funny. You kill me. See you tomorrow!
Post a Comment