October 31, 2007
The idiots in my neighborhood...
So last night BW, BL, Cody and myself were taking a post-dinner stroll through the neighborhood. Our neighborhood is really quiet and we rarely see any sign of life other than a garage door opening, a car entering and the door quickly closing again. Which I much prefer after last night. We turned the corner and about a half a block up a two ladies were walking with two dogs and one of the dogs spotted us and stayed. One of the ladies looked around and saw us coming and was shouting at the dog over her shoulder and continued to shout at him as they continued to walk away from him. We didn't stop walking and assumed the dog was nice or they wouldn't just stupidly leave him there for us to walk up to. So I let my dog say hello and the other dog just froze so I decided to pull my dog away and the other dog started to attack him. BL started freaking out and so did I. I got my dog up into my arms while BW tried to kick the dog away ( he got one good kick in ). So as I'm holding my dog the dog starts to try to attack me! All next to my terrified baby. Where are the dumb ladies you say?.... Still walking away as my husband shouts, "COME GET YOUR FREAKIN' DOG!!" Many people then decided to exit their houses and witness the lovely display. I guess these ladies were EXTREMELY lazy so they decided it would be most efficient to go in their house and get their keys to bring the car to come get their cocker spaniel... SNICKERS was the name. Did she offer an apology or any sort of a comment to even recognize we were there? NO! She picked up Snickers, put him in the car and drove off. My husband did managed to squeeze in some not so nice words before she took off. I'm not quite sure where she drove off to because she didn't go to her house. She circled the neighborhood in hopes that we wouldn't know where she lived or something??? We saw where she pulled out from and we were still on the street when she got back. End point... there are leash laws for a reason. I am still soooo annoyed. I did have to point out to Mike that we should cut the dog a break, after all he has to go through his life being called Snickers for goodness sake...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
You should totally report her. Not just because the dog was off the leash, but because the dog was off the leash and came after you. Are you all okay?
I hope BL isn't scarred for life...cute kid doesn't need that kind of nonsense.
You didn't tell me the rest of that stuff, but seriously I'm with GM on this one, & to the HOA.
Work it girl. ;D
tell her you are sueing her for emotional trauma to you, your baby and your puppy. Send somebody after her....got a policeman friend to drive by and read her the riot act. You should file a complaint with animal control so there is a record incase something else happens.
Maybe you could get a sign installed in her front yard...MORON LIVES HERE!!!AND SHE OWNS A WILD DOG
REPORT HER and her stupid dog. Are y'all ok?
That is terrible!! I am so sorry to hear about that!Bummer!
I've so been there - the same thing happened to me years ago - a crazy german shepherd got loose and attacked my dog. He had to go to the vet for stitches, etc., but I did get the lady to pay for his vet bill. In restrospect, I wish I had done more to make her life miserable, because it seriously traumatized me after that. I never took my dog out for a walk again while we lived in that neighborhood!
Sorry I didn't include that, we are all fine!
hey guys! it's the svancara's! i'm not sure if i am doing this right but we are bloggers now. check our blog out!
Kayla - Do you not want me to add you to friends and fam. links on my blog?? I didn't think you wanted it public, so just let me know... I've seen you on other blogs and I'd love to add you, but won't if you want the site kept hush!! hee hee
Post a Comment