October 29, 2007

Lesson 38:

I can be pure and righteous. I love teaching primary and the things that I learn from it. The basics of the gospel are SO powerful. Mainly what I wanted to convey here is the importance of the kinds of media we let in our lives. The things we listen to or watch put ideas in our heads that normally wouldn't be there. That's why it's so important to not make exceptions. I know I really need to improve in this because I do watch quite a bit of garbage on tv. It just really made me realize the importance of not even letting the slightest bit of bad in. To add to my last post... some would argue that it's "just a movie" or "just because it's written by an atheist and has some of those underlying themes doesn't mean I'm going to become an atheist". Well the things you come in contact with have an impact on you whether you realize it or not, especially your kids! Really what would you be missing out on skipping this one movie when there are so many other good things to fill your life with?

6 comments:

Kristen said...

SO TRUE!! There is this segment on the radio that I really like listening to during my commute - and I have tried really hard lately to not listen to this - because it often gets out of control...even the small decisions make a huge impact! :) Awesome blog!

Deena said...

Maybe you should raise my kids...never mind. Maybe you should just live next door.

Acacia said...

Wonderful post! Holly over at 2kidsandtired.blogspot.com said something very similar today, and my husband was talking about this topic yesterday. Hmmm...there must be something in the water. Isn't it wonderful what can be learned in Primary at any age??

Jenny P. said...

yeah, it's hard cause there is hardly anything on anymore that isn't garbage. it does make a difference though... i have had so many personal experiences that have demonstrated how much it absolutely matters what you watch and listen to.

Physcokity said...

AMEN!

Sheri said...

I totally agree!