July 21, 2008

So it's getting a little

old and crusty around here. It might just be eyebrow guy but I decided to write a new post anyway. Actually I have a couple of posts I'm working on but just haven't quite finished. Do you ever have that happen? A couple of ideas but you can't quite seem to get to that point where you click "Publish Post" I might as well be standing on a big red dot because "I'm there" Sorry if you didn't get just that. Go watch a State Farm commercial and come back and read it again. I swear you'll laugh... or at least chuckle? maybe?

So for family home evening last week BW was in charge and he said he could handle it and didn't need my help. As he was starting the activity, I decided to pick up the directions (something that didn't cross his mind to read). I tried to let him know that failure was looming if he didn't do at least two of the things in the directions. He quickly said he had it and not to worry.

Here is our handcart.


For some must push and some must... tape? I'm glad we aren't pioneers, or we'd be dead.



Yeah, that's a random arm. I guess the Pa must have gotten kind of tired of carrying that thing around all the time. Lets just say BW is not exactly the most handy guy ever. I love him dearly, it's just not his thing. I'm grateful pioneers did what they did because there is no way our family would have survived!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello dearie! Thanks for your note. Things are swell here, now that I got A back in my life. I love your hair, it looks AMAZING!!! The handcart pictures made me laugh out loud, especially the arm.

Coordination Queen said...

HAHAHA! i think it is just boys and directions, they don't ask for them or read them. that is what we are for... to keep them on track or at least keep the arms on straight.

Deena said...

You wouldn't have died. You would have just settled in Kansas or something. I like the random arm. It adds character. What if it is like one of those little stuffed arms or legs that people dangle out of the back of their minivans? BW just has early skills. We have something else to decorate the back of your handcart. Do you want me to mail them to you?

sew hot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sew hot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sew hot said...

Okay so maybe this time I can get it right. sorry about the deletions they should give an "edit" choice. My comment won't be as off the cuff now cause I screwed it up twice. But her goes...That is to remind them it "cost an arm" for their handcart and not a leg or their firstborn. Better improve your handcart skills with gas prices the way they are.

Sheri said...

I have about 50 posts that i haven't posted. or sometimes I post them and then take them off an hour later. I'm the most indecisive person - ever.

P.S. we are going to the movie either Friday night or Sat. I'll let you know - I hope you can come!

Physcokity said...

Welllll It's all fun and games until someone loses and arm. At least you know how to sew it back on ;)

Christy said...

So Typical! Eric could probably figure it out without the directions because he's an engineer, but I LOVE it, when I point out an obvious thing that I got from reading the direcitons that he otherwised missed. It's such an awesome feeling!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Oh I would so be dead if I attempted to cross the plains. My youth trek can attest to that. Either that, or someone would have murdered me because of my incessant murmuring.