Recently I've had the opportunity to catch up with an old friend. It really has been so nice and refreshing and good to have another girlfriend back. We can still talk for hours on the phone. I thought that ability left with my teenage years.
It's strange looking back at who I was and who I am now. I never would have planned or expected where I am now but I am grateful for it. It's interesting how your perspective changes as you get older. I find myself consumed at times, with the needs of others but I'm not the best at providing service and I don't always know how to help. It's interesting seeing similar dynamics as I did as a teenager in a completely different way. Just things like really ill people, less fortunate people or people who are a few degrees off in their life. (Sorry that was one of the talks on Sunday and it's been on my mind since)
Life is crazy, dynamic and difficult. I love it, despite it all. Things have been going a lot better lately. For the majority of the day today I wasn't nauseous, got to work out, watched 4 toddlers and cleaned my kitchen, desk and BL's room. It's been a while since I've had a really productive day.
For most of the day it was cloudy and for a few minutes I was able to enjoy some rain. It was fleeting but I really tried to take it in. I really miss the rain. The last time it rained really good, I took BL out in his underpants to dance and run around in it. BW thought I was crazy but when he saw how much BL and I loved it he understood and even ran out in it a few times with BL. Our neighbors probably think we're nuts. Okay, maybe we are nuts.
4 comments:
Did I ever send you the video of BL in my backyard in the rain?
yay for feeling better!
I was ecstatic when it was pouring buckets at work. That's what I love about my cube with a view. The clouds are beautiful right now.
You are normal. You should move to our neighborhood to see what "nuts" really is.
I'm so glad you felt better :)
Nuts is good. It just means you are related to me. :) If it didn't thunder and lightening when it rains here, i'd take my kids out in it.
Post a Comment